How do I Keep from Getting a Ticket?
- Get a Permit. See Choices and Rates. Permits are sold anytime after mid-August online (credit cards) or in person (no credit cards in person).
- Display your hangtag from the rearview mirror or, if not possible, where completely visible on dashboard.
- Park between 2 White lines in the Correct Parking Lot (See Map).
- Don't use someone else's permit (See Fraud under Fines)
- Manage your parking account online. Add vehicles to your permit, view parking history, pay or appeal (except Hangtag Not Displayed) citations
What if I have to Drive a Different Car for a day or week?
- Get a FREE SUBSTITUTE HANGTAG from Parking or Police (24/7) Not available online
- Don't just move your hangtag to an unregistered car.
- Night Students - Call ahead & we'll leave it for you with Police Dispatch.
How do I Add a Vehicle to my Permit for the rest of the year?
Simply log in to your parking account and click on Manage Vehicles to enter a vehicle and add it to your permit until it expires. No decal needed, no fee.
What If I only park once in a while?
- Student One Day Hangtags are $5 in advance or that day, at Parking or Impact Booth
NIGHT permits can be "upgraded" to Full Day for $2/day at Parking
- Don't Forget your Discount for NJ Transit
Why Do I Only Get One Hangtag if I registered two cars?
Only one car may be parked on campus at a time. The hangtag must be in the vehicle parked. Citations for not displaying a hangtag may not be appealed. Be sure the hangtag is clearly visible before leaving your vehicle.
Pay a Ticket through Manage your Account with a debit or credit card, or at Parking (no credit cards). Parking is in the Police Dept. lobby, open 8:30am-4:00pm
What if I'm Only Here until December?
- Buy a Full Year Permit
- Return hangtag:
By January 19 for a 50% refund
Note: Return permit by Sept.19 of that academic year for full refund
- Refund will be issued to the Credit Card used to buy permit, OR
Check will be sent by New Brunswick to the address on record.
What if I Have a Disability?
- Have a Rutgers Parking Permit. You can buy one for the time needed if you don't have a Yearly permit.
- Get a Rutgers Handicapped Hangtag. Click on the Disabled Persons tab for instructions.